FANTASTIC VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
JUNE 1-3 2018
The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education Programs for 50+ and Community Engagement is excited to host the 10th annual 50+ Festival from June 1-3, 2018 and is eagerly sourcing a team of volunteers to be a part of the experience.
Each year, the festival celebrates the continuing contribution of the older adult to culture, to society, and life itself. This year’s theme: Past, Present, Future is jammed packed with stimulating sessions. Full program details are available online: fiftyplusfestival.ca
Become a volunteer and assist in one of the following roles:
- Welcome Committee and Directional Help: Welcome attendees as they arrive on-site, help them follow the signs to the session, distribute the festival brochure, etc.
- Registration and Ticketing: In these roles you will not be responsible for scanning tickets or processing at-the-door sales as the Festival Team will take care of those duties, but you will be available to help with signing up late ticket purchasers, providing wristbands to pass holders, gathering last-minute or complimentary tickets at the door, directing attendees to line-up in between sessions, etc.
- Session Assistance: Usher attendees to seats, provide time-keeping for speaker, pass floating microphones during Q&A, assist attendees as they enter/exit the room, be available to find people/track supplies if necessary.
- Special Event Assistance: Assist the Festival team with at-the-door ticket sales (again, this does not require you to deal with money, but rather signing-up late ticket purchasers) and serve as a table attendant to distribute parting gift to attendees.
Detailed information regarding the number of volunteers required, role descriptions, and shifts are included in the attachment to this email.
Volunteers will receive a free entry into the session for which they are volunteering. Due to the nature of certain roles, some volunteers will enter the session 15-mins after the start time. Roles will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Deadline to sign-up to be a volunteer is Friday, May 11.
All volunteers are required to attend a mandatory volunteer orientation session. Orientations will be held May 22-25 and May 28-29. At the orientation, you will learn more about the festival, including what to expect as you prepare your role(s).
To sign-up to volunteer, please contact Melanie Santarossa at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email to Melanie, please include the following:
· Your name (first and last)
· Your email
· Your phone number (cell is preferred if available)
· The volunteer position(s)/shift(s) of interest.
You are welcome to sign-up for more than one shift. Once all volunteers have signed-up, Melanie will invite you to an orientation session.